Enduring Understandings (long-term take away for student)
- Individuals’ behavior and understanding of self is strongly influenced by society.
- Groups in society are an integral part of the structure of society, and provide guidelines and expectations for behavior.
- Social institutions make up the enduring framework of society that manages people’s behavior and social resources.
- How is self-concept formed, and how does the input of others influence its development?
- How are the rules for society generated, observed, and enforced?
- In what ways do people behave and interact with others in groups?
- What purpose do social institutions serve individually, and collectively?
- How are people’s behaviors influenced by social institutions?
Looking Glass Self